You can use either the broccolini or broccoli crowns. We also thought asparagus would be nice with this. If you have it, you can use a comercial dijon/mayo mixture. Otherwise, its easy enough to mix them yourself. I got 6 open faced sandwiches out of this on homemade rye bread. Our bread might not be sized the same as store bought so this may make a difference in the serving size. I don't think I could have gotten more out of it but I could have piled more of the broccolini on the bread and made 4, just so you know. I hope you like these. We had them for dinner with Bacon, Avocado & Tomato Salad Bacon, Avocado & Tomato Salad, this would also make a nice lunch, especially for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt EVOO and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and saute until soft.
- 3Add garlic and broccolini and saute until the broccolini is tender.
- 4Meanwhile mix equal parts of the mayo and mustard together adding extra of either to suit your personal tastes.
- 5Place each slice of bread on a baking sheet and spread some of the dijon mayo mixture on them.
- 6Top each with a portion of the broccolini and onion mixture.
- 7Top the broccolini with a slice of cheddar cheese (use more or less cheese to taste, I like it very cheesy).
- 8Place under a pre-heated broiler until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- 9Serve hot and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccolini (Or Broccoli) Cheddar Melts
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 399.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: