Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is from the www.sparkrecipes.com website. "Use with a bag of pre-shredded broccoli & cauliflower; makes this recipe super quick." The cooking time listed is for the refrigeration time.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag fresh broccoli and cauliflower mix (4 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup light mayonnaise (do not use fat free mayo for this recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (or perhaps try some dried cranberries instead!)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large apple, firm and tart, cut up
- 1 dash parsley
- 1 dash salt (and other spices you like with veggies. I sometimes use a little paprika)
- Mix all the ingredients except the bag of shredded broccoli & cauliflower.
- Pour mixture over the broccoli & cauliflower. Mix well. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Divide into small containers for easy snacks or server the next day for a wonderful salad with dinner.
- This tastes best after one day in the refrigerator!
- Will last up to 5 days in the fridge.