Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good recipe for those who find the taste of broccoli too strong.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs broccoli
- boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place broccoli stem end down in boiling salted water. The heads should not be in the water. Cook uncovered 10-20 minutes.
- Turn broccoli so that the entire broccoli is under water, cooking another 5 minutes. Drain.
- To make white sauce - melt butter and add flour, gradually blend in milk stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and cook an additional 3 minutes. Serve over broccoli.
Delicious. I used 1/2 broccoli and 1/2 cauliflower and added a touch of nutmeg to the white sauce and some Parm. I could eat this every day. Thanks Nyteglori