Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
this is awesome! makes a great side dish!
- 1 (14 ounce) package broccoli florets, fresh is best
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄4 walnut pieces
- cook florets in boiling water till crisp tender.
- melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- add garlic; cookuntil butter is lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- stir in walnuts.
- pour walnut mixture over the drained florets; gently coat.
What a lovely way to prepare broccoli. Simple, yet elegant enough to serve to guests. We loved the walnuts in this dish too. Thanks for sharing, bugged out bird.
This was a nice alternative to plain steamed broccoli. I used fresh broccoli and steamed it and then finished the recipie as written. I will probably make this again.