Recipe by zeldaz51
A beautiful green and white vegan salad from "Japanese Vegetarian Cooking", by Lesley Downer.
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 lb tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey or 1⁄2 teaspoon mirin
- chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the broccoli into florets and parboil them in lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until just tender; the stems should still be a little crisp. Drain immediately and rinse in cold water. Drain well.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds; tip into a suribachi or grinder and grind to a paste. Blend in the tofu, lemon juice, salt, and honey or mirin, mixing well to make a smooth, creamy dressing.
- Pat the broccoli dry and divide it among 4 small bowls. Spoon a little of the dressing on top and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts.