Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can also use 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower, separated into florets, in place of broccoli.
Make and share this Broccoli With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- Separate the broccoli into florets.
- Peel and slice the stems thinly.
- Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and blanch for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the red onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Dice the sun dried tomatoes and add to the onion.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover and steam for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the tomato mixture.
- Add the broccoli and stir well.
- Place the broccoli in a serving bowl, top with toasted pine nuts.
This was tasty enough, but just not for us. It was such a strong flavoured sauce, there could have been anything beneath it. The brocolli was a bit lost. Another complaint was our sundried tomatoes re-hydrated themselves completely in the broth, so it was full of skins, I like a bit of chew in mine. Maybe it would be better just to scatter them over at the end.