Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is from The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible. It provides a different way to prepare one of my favorite veggies--broccoli.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the broccoli florets in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water.
- Steam the broccoli until bright green and crisp tender.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the garlic, scallions, rice vinegar, and sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Plunge the broccoli into cool water to stop the cooking process, drain well.
- Place well drained broccoli in a medium bowl and toss with sesame dressing.
- Serve at room temperature.