Recipe by Bev
Tired of serving broccoli the same old way? Try something new and a little spicy! This recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
Top Review by JustJanS
Maybe my peppers were a bit hot, but the brocoli got over shadowed a bit by the dressing. Next time I will cut the chilli a little, and add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. But as Bev said, it really was a ice change from normal old brocolli. I would put the dressing over any green veg, eg. asparagus, beans or Brussels sprouts.
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- dried crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 lbs broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast sesame seeds in heavy small skillet over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds.
- Place remaining sesame seeds in a spice grinder.
- Add salt and 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper; grind coarsely.
- Set sesame-red pepper mixture aside.
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add oil, 1 tbs reserved sesame seeds, remaining 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper and 2 tsp sesame-red pepper mixture; toss to combine.
- Serve, passing remaining sesame-red pepper mixture separately.