1/1 Photo of Broccoli With Seriously Cheesy Sauce
This is from one of my children's cookbooks, "Emeril's There's A Chef In My Soup!" It's a great calcium packed side dish for the kids to enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the tough part of the broccoli stems, usually the lower 3 to 4 inches.
- 2Cut the broccoli into 4 even portions.
- 3Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 4Add the broccoli and cook until tender, 7 or 8 minutes.
- 5Drain broccoli and transfer to a 2 quart casserole or serving dish.
- 6In a medium heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 7Add the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, with a large wooden spoon, for 2 minutes.
- 9Whisk in the milk and bring the sauce to a boil, whisking occasionally.
- 10Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- 11Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the cheese.
- 12Stir well.
- 13Pour the sauce over the broccoli and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli With Seriously Cheesy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.7
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.3 mg
- Sodium 1646.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g