Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a little different , very simple, and one of my favorite side dishes. I've made it with olive oil instead of the butter, but it's really not the same. It's very good with a little garlic, but I've posted it as written. Preparation and cooking times are estimates. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Cut broccoli into florets, peel stems and slice crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cook, uncovered, until tender, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Drain well in colander and transfer to serving bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter until it starts to brown.
- Immediately add rosemary and salt, stir well.
- Pour hot butter mixture over broccoli, season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir well.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired, and serve hot.
This was so good. I had some Rosemary in the garden that I wanted to use up before winter and it came out great.