Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A different way to serve broccoli and good, too.
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon tarragon or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover saucepan and steam 7 mins, or until almost tender.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute garlic, onion and bell pepper 3-5 mins or until softened.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook until mixture begins to simmer.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Taste for seasonings, again.
- Serve sauce over broccoli.