1/7 Photos of Broccoli With Red Pepper Flakes and Garlic Chips
Broccoli is loaded with lots of vitamins A and C and several minerals, it is one of the most healthful veggies. This is a spiced up version that is low in fat and not low on flavor. The recipe comes from Williams Sonoma Essentials of Healthful Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small skillet over medium-low heat combine the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- 2Heat, stirring frequently, just until the garlic begins to turn golden on the edges, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, strain through a fine-mesh sieve, reserving the oil and garlic in separate containers.
- 4Cut the broccoli into florets, trimming the stalks until they are about 1-2 inches long.
- 5Place the cut broccoli in steamer basket over boiling water, cover tightly and stem until crisp tender, 4-6 minutes.
- 6Place broccoli immediately into a serving dish, sprinkle with garlic flakes and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 8The remaining oil can be saved and used in other dishes later.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli With Red Pepper Flakes and Garlic Chips
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g