From Dr. Fuhrman's new book, Eat for Health.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add lentils, onions, garlic, and carrot juice to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the lentils are soft and pale. Add more carrot juice as needed.
- 2Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until just tender.
- 3Put the cooked lentil mixture in a food processor or blender (or use an immersion blender right in the saucepan) with the seasonings and balsamic vinegar and blend to a smooth paste. Add some carrot juice if it is too thick.
- 4Place broccoli in a bowl and combine with sauce. Top with chopped pecans.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli With Red Lentil Sauce (Eat for Health)
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium vegetable bouillon granules