Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pretty and fresh tasting
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 small vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes (or 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Add the potatoes and water to a large, wide saucepan.
- Cover and cook over low heat until potatoes are almost tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add in the broccoli; cover and cook 8 minutes or until tender.
- Place a colander under a bowl and drain the potatoes and broccoli, saving the cooking liquid.
- Wipe out the saucepan and add the oil and garlic.
- Cook the garlic in the oil over low heat just until it begins to sizzle and turn golden (1 minute).
- Add the potatoes and broccoli back to the saucepan; stir to coat.
- Add about ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add in the tomatoes; toss to distribute.
- Sprinkle with the cheese; serve immediately.