Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great recipe I found in the Encyclopedia of American Cooking. It's great for when you want something special and different. We usually enjoy this on Sundays.
- 3 (10 ounce) packageschopped frozen broccoli (i prefer fresh)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Steam broccoli until tender (not soft), drain.
- Place in large shallow baking dish.
- Blend soup, milk, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over broccoli.
- Combine potato flakes, butter, and cheese.
- Sprinkle over broccoli.
- Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees until top is lightly golden.
This is delicious!! And so easy to make!!! Though I do recommend doubling the crust mix, just so it covers the broccoli better. But other than that - less than 10 minutes for prep and then the 20-30 minutes for cooking makes this one heckuva recipe!!!