Recipe by HOTTOPOT
This is a great recipe I found in the Encyclopedia of American Cooking. It's great for when you want something special and different. We usually enjoy this on Sundays.
Top Review by RochesterTim
This is delicious!! And so easy to make!!! Though I do recommend doubling the crust mix, just so it covers the broccoli better. But other than that - less than 10 minutes for prep and then the 20-30 minutes for cooking makes this one heckuva recipe!!!
- 3 (10 ounce) packageschopped frozen broccoli (i prefer fresh)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam broccoli until tender (not soft), drain.
- Place in large shallow baking dish.
- Blend soup, milk, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over broccoli.
- Combine potato flakes, butter, and cheese.
- Sprinkle over broccoli.
- Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees until top is lightly golden.