- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam broccoli until just tender (or desired degree of doneness); set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Blend in cornstarch and 1/2 cup orange juice; stir until well blended.
- Mix in remaining orange juice, parsley, lemon juice, orange peel, thyme, mustard, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- To serve: pour sauce over broccoli; garnish with thin slices of orange or slivers or orange peel.