- 1360.77 g fresh broccoli, cut into bite-sized flowerets
- 29.58 ml butter
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 29.58 ml flour
- 354.88 ml evaporated milk (or whole milk)
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese or 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender. Drain well. Place broccoli in shallow serving dish.
- While broccoli is cooking, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Add milk; cook and stir until sauce comes to a boil for several minutes.
- Stir in cheese until it melts; add salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour over hot broccoli and serve.