Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This broccoli has a nice "oniony" cheese sauce.
- 3 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into bite-sized flowerets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk (or whole milk)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender. Drain well. Place broccoli in shallow serving dish.
- While broccoli is cooking, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Add milk; cook and stir until sauce comes to a boil for several minutes.
- Stir in cheese until it melts; add salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour over hot broccoli and serve.