Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this recipe came from the Dec/Jan 2010 Taste of Home Healthy Cooking, but since I do love the nuts & cherries, it has been tweaked.
Top Review by breezermom
Deliciously different broccoli. The taste reminds me a bit of a broccoli salad, with the sweetness from the cherries. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! Made for Healthy Choices tag game.
- 6 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cherries, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket, then put that into a large saucepan containing an inch of water. Bring to a boil, then cover & steam 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute walnuts & garlic in the oil until garlic is tender.
- Stir in the cherries, salt, pepper flakes & broccoli, tossing to coat.