Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice side dish that compliments almost any main course. Fresh taste and a change from just butter or lemon dressing.
- 12 ounces broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Wash broccoli.
- Cut broccoli lengthwise into spears.
- Cut any thick stem pieces in half.
- In a large covered saucepan cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender; Drain.
- Meanwhile, for vinaigrette, in a small screw-top jar combine the garlic, vinegar, water, oil, mustard and salt.
- Cover and shake well.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over broccoli.
- Serve immediately.
This is an excellent vinaigrette for just about anything!!! I cooked some carrots and broccoli, let them come to room temp (made these a long time before dinner) then served with the vinaigrette over them. Excellent way to "do ahead" some of the dinner. Glad you posted this jonesies.
This is excellent! The mustard vinaigrette goes very well with the broccoli, and I've tried it on a few other veggies with great results too. Thanks!
This was so good! I loved how easy it was to put together, and it was delicious. I used Dijon mustard instead and it turned out great. Thank you!