Recipe by jonesies
Nice side dish that compliments almost any main course. Fresh taste and a change from just butter or lemon dressing.
Top Review by Tebo
This is an excellent vinaigrette for just about anything!!! I cooked some carrots and broccoli, let them come to room temp (made these a long time before dinner) then served with the vinaigrette over them. Excellent way to "do ahead" some of the dinner. Glad you posted this jonesies.
- 12 ounces broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash broccoli.
- Cut broccoli lengthwise into spears.
- Cut any thick stem pieces in half.
- In a large covered saucepan cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender; Drain.
- Meanwhile, for vinaigrette, in a small screw-top jar combine the garlic, vinegar, water, oil, mustard and salt.
- Cover and shake well.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over broccoli.
- Serve immediately.