1/1 Photo of Broccoli With Linguine
Lorelle in Australia's Note:
This recipe looks a little off beat, but is actually quite delicious! You can use bought linguini of course, but is even better if you make your own. This recipe was listed in 'The Age' newspaper's epicure section a couple of months ago and I've made it a number of times since then! My mum always saves recipes in the papers that she thinks I'll like... Thanks mum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g broccoli, head cut into small florets and stems peeled and cut into thin rounds (300g after trimming)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 300 g linguine, preferably home made
- 20 g butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 100°C Place a large serving bowl inside to warm.
- 2Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil. Drop in the trimmed broccoli. When the water returns to the boil, cook for 2 minutes exactly and then scoop the broccoli into a colander resting over a mixing bowl.
- 3Heat the oil in a large heavy-based non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Saute the garlic for a few seconds until it smells gragrand and add the anchovies. Stir with a wooden spoon until th eanchovies have melted. Tip in the chilli and the reserved broccoli.
- 4Bring the broccoli cooking water back to the boil and drop in the pasta. It will take just 2-3 minutes to cook.
- 5As soon as the pasta is ready, drain it through the colander now resting in the sink, give it a big shake and then tip it into the frying pan, with the butter and parmesan. Toss well and transfer to the heated serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli With Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.9
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 329.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g