1/2 Photos of Broccoli With Lemon, Kalamata Olives and Capers
From a local source. I tested this recipe by substituting a variety of colors of cauliflower (purple, white, golden) for the broccoli. Other cruciferous vegetables such as broccolini, broccoflower, brussels sprouts, romanesco, etc. will work, too. Easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer basket, bring a 1 inch of water to a bowl. Steam the broccoli until tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl, cover and set aside.
- 3While the vegetables are steaming, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 4Add the oil and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute just until the garlic begins to become fragrant.
- 5Stir in the olives, lemon juice and capers and cook until heated through, approximately 1 minute.
- 6Pour the sauce over the steamed broccoli and season with black pepper.
- 7Toss well to coat.
- 8Garnish with a sprig or two of fresh parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli With Lemon, Kalamata Olives and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 155.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g