Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
From a local source. I tested this recipe by substituting a variety of colors of cauliflower (purple, white, golden) for the broccoli. Other cruciferous vegetables such as broccolini, broccoflower, brussels sprouts, romanesco, etc. will work, too. Easy!
- In a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer basket, bring a 1 inch of water to a bowl. Steam the broccoli until tender-crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl, cover and set aside.
- While the vegetables are steaming, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the oil and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute just until the garlic begins to become fragrant.
- Stir in the olives, lemon juice and capers and cook until heated through, approximately 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the steamed broccoli and season with black pepper.
- Toss well to coat.
- Garnish with a sprig or two of fresh parsley, if desired.
Made for the Gourmet Goddesses on the 1st dy of ZWT-9, this recipe is delicious & has many of our favorite ingredients. Other than perhaps adding a tad more butter than suggested, I made it as written & loved that it felt like broccoli dressed w/Hollandaise --- BUT without all the excess fat content & calories of Hollandaise. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #50* Broccoli is our favorite veggie, and this was such a nice addition ! I even got to use my last Meyer lemon ! There was just enough ZING to truly bring out the flavors -- and steaming does keep the broccoli fresh and very green. This is a keeper -- thanks Cookgirl.