Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great and simple way to do broccoli that is a little out of the ordinary. Very good with roasts.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon, zest of
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft white breadcrumbs
- Cook broccoli in plenty of salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl of ice water and cool.
- Drain and pat dry.
- (can be prepared 8 hours ahead) Melt 3 tblsps butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccol and saute until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to plate; keep warm.
- Add 4 tblsps butter, peel and add garlic to skillet; cook until butter begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add breadcrumbs; stir until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Top broccoli with breadcrumbs.
This was a great combo of flavors. I loved the addition of the bread crumbs - something I don't usually add. I did add some more garlic. Next time I might sear the broccoli a bit more to get it more roasted and flavorful. Thanks!
Simple and so pleasing, lovely vegetable dish, Evelyn!! We enjoyed this for International Agents Of Quest, USA Southern Region. A keeper ;)
Excellent! Bright green broccoli topped with butter browned bread crumbs flavored with lemon zest and garlic. The best broccoli dish I have ever tasted! I cheated and microwaved 16 oz of frozen broccoli flowerets and added 1 tbls butter, salt and fresh ground pepper before adding the topping. Next time I will double the garlic. You could also add a few red pepper flakes to the butter before adding the bread crumbs. So simple yet so delicious. Goes into my book of special tricks!