Recipe by evelyn/athens
A great and simple way to do broccoli that is a little out of the ordinary. Very good with roasts.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
This was a great combo of flavors. I loved the addition of the bread crumbs - something I don't usually add. I did add some more garlic. Next time I might sear the broccoli a bit more to get it more roasted and flavorful. Thanks!
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon, zest of
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft white breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in plenty of salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl of ice water and cool.
- Drain and pat dry.
- (can be prepared 8 hours ahead) Melt 3 tblsps butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccol and saute until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to plate; keep warm.
- Add 4 tblsps butter, peel and add garlic to skillet; cook until butter begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add breadcrumbs; stir until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Top broccoli with breadcrumbs.