The buttery garlic lemon sauce gives a spark to this broccoli side dish.
Make and share this Broccoli With Lemon Garlic Almond Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender, about 8 minutes and drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat and add garlic.
- Remove from heat and let steep for about 5 minutes.
- Remove garlic, if desired, then stir in almonds and place over low heat again.
- Add lemon juice and zest and pour over hot broccoli.
Superb! Very fresh and "zingy". It's important to use a good quality butter to get the best flavour. My daughters loved their broccoli today. Thanks Marie :)
We really enjoyed this, even though I forgot to put in the lemon. I wanted something special for a camping trip, so I prepared my fresh broccoli into flowerettes and toasted the almonds before leaving home. I had intended to steam the broccoli on the campstove, drain, melt the butter and add the lemon juice and zest (I took a whole lemon), then sprinkle on the almonds. I just forgot the whole lemon part. Next time I will add the lemon and I'm sure it will be even better.
Loved this! A quick fix to jazz up steamed broccoli. Fresh lemon juice and garlic are wonderful together. Almonds add a nice crunch. This should be served right away. Thanks, Marie!