Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe by MARDI1030 at allrecipes.com. "A fast and zesty take on frozen broccoli. Can also use fresh broccoli. Great summer dish. Can be served hot or cold."
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb broccoli floret, fresh or frozen
- In a large skillet, combine the butter, water, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli to the pan, stir to coat, and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring once, until broccoli is tender but still bright green. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.
I used fresh broccoli and just really enjoyed this different take on broccoli! Thanks! Made for the Cooking with Spirits game in the Photo forum!
I liked this dish better cold. If serving hot, I would use about 1/2 the lemon juice. Also, as written, the broccoli comes out tender, but I prefer it tender-crisp and still bright green, rather than the duller, "olive" green.