Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sonoma diet, Wave 1.
Make and share this Broccoli With Lemon and Dill recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onions or 1⁄3 cup chopped leek
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- to taste kosher salt
- to taste fresh ground black pepper
- lemon slice (optional)
- In a large saucepan cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil about 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth; bring to boiling. Add broccoli. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter, reserving broth in pan (add additional broth, if necessary, to measure 1/2 cup).
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice and cornstarch; add to broth in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in dill. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over vegetables; toss to coat. If desired, garnish with lemon slices.
This was really easy dish to make. I used leeks instead of onions and it really worked well with the broccoli. It was a nice light dish (though I added a touch of chili powder as well!) Thanks!