Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com. For a different flavor, substitute orange juice and zest.
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup blanched slivered almond, toasted
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender, approximately 4 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract, lemon juice. lemon zest, and almonds. Pour over hot broccoli, and serve.