1/1 Photo of Broccoli With Indian-Spiced Yogurt
Chef Wes's Note:
This is an extra simple, slightly daring, very tasty addition for a standard table vegetable. I believe that it originated with Jamie Oliver. The yogurt mixture keeps well, and is then available to enliven broccoli even in an everyday meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the broccoli, and break it into its florets, and cook 4 to 5 minutes at the most in salted water. Drain.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet, and add the drained broccoli.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the cumin, fennel and cardamom until fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes, and then grind them in a mortar and pestle.
- 4Stir most of the spice mixture into the yogurt with the juice of the lemon.
- 5Drizzel the spiced yogurt over the broccoli, and garnish with remaining spice mixture and some zest of the lemon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli With Indian-Spiced Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 71.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: