Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
We tried this recipe but I'm not sure how to rate it so I'll reserve that for now. I didn't use exact ingredients & I wasn't feeling great the day I made it so the heat didn't agree with me. Next time though I think I'll substitute essence spice for part of the pepper flakes (& cut those abit too), alittle spicy for us. Found the white wine abit excessive so I'll try cutting that next time also. For a change I didn't find I needed to increase the garlic but tried to cut back on the oil abit. To make it abit easier that day I used lemon pepper for the zests. We make broccoli alot so I can see trying this one again, thanks for sharing.
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb broccoli, cut lengthwise into spears
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat olive oil and garlic until just sizzling.
- Add broccoli and cook, tossing regularly for 8 to 10 minutes, until even the stem is tender.
- Use the wine to slow the pan down if it gets hot enough to brown the garlic.
- When tender, add red pepper flakes and zests and place on a platter.
- Serve as sidedish to braised or grilled meats.