Recipe by JoJoStar
A wonderfully easy and delicious recipe from Mario Batali
Top Review by Sandy918Mom
Delicious! Made it for a dinner party tonight and it got rave reviews. And one of the best parts, is that it was so easy to make. The white wine is a must, regardless if the garlic is browning or not. Add it during the last few minutes of cooking. Will definitely be made many more times. I'm always looking for a nice way to spruce up broccoli and this was fantastic.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into spears, lengthwise
- 6 ounces dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12 to 14 inch saute pan, heat the olive oil and garlic until just sizzling.
- Add the broccoli and cook, tossing regularly for 8-10 minutes, until the stem is tender.
- Use the wine to slow the cooking down if the garlic begins to brown.
- When the broccoli is tender, add the chili flakes and zest.
- Place on platter and enjoy!