Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another fantastic Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) recipe. We all inhaled this.
Make and share this Broccoli With Garlic and Soy Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head garlic, peeled (about 16 cloves)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 stalks broccoli, cut into florets (8 cups of florets)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I used mushroom soy)
- Put the garlic cloves and oil in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan; bring to a boil and cook uncovered over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until the garlic is browned and tender; turn off the heat and add the red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt; immediately pour into a heat-proof container to stop the cooking; allow to cool to room temperature.
- For the salad, blanch the broccoli florets in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes, until crisp-tender; drain well and immerse immediately into a large bowl of ice water until the broccoli is cooled (this process stops the cooking and sets the bright green colour); drain well.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup of the oil used to cook the garlic, the soy sauce, and 8 or more cloves of cooked garlic; taste and adjust seasonings, to taste, and serve cold or at room temperature.
OMG!!! I made this for a Labor Day picnic and couldn't stop eating it and I haven't taken it to the picnic yet!! This is fantastic and I will make it from now on. Excellent cold, warm, or at room temperature...
I have been looking for a tasty way to prepare broccoli. I served the dish warm. EXCELLENT!
A great recipe for broccoli. The soy sauce added a flavor that I liked and, of course, the garlic flavored it as well. Will try this recipe again soon. Prepared as a participant in the Hail To The Chefs Event January 2010 in the Cooking Photos Forum.