Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
The parmesan cheese and garlic really dress up plain old Broccoli with very little effort or time!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 lbs broccoli, stalks discarded,crowns cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add garlic and lemon peel and stir 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and toss to coat.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover skillet and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and water has cooked away, about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Mark, this broccoli was good. I did add some butter at the end, and we enjoyed it. Thanks!
Made exactly as posted - very good! 4 stars because it needed a little salt and maybe some fresh lemon juice sprinkled over the top IMO. A sure fire keeper!
Very good way to eat broccoli. Thank you for posting!