Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A savory, spicy way to serve broccoli.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 minced anchovy fillet
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Steam broccoli till tender but firm, 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the garlic and anchovies; saute one minute.
- Add the cooked broccoli, stirring to combine well and leave in the skillet just until heated thoroughly.
- Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese and the red pepper flakes.
Thanks for another good broccoli recipe Geema. This was quick and easy and went well with our pork tonight. The only slight alteration we mad was to add the red chili flakes with the garlic and anchovy to make it more fragrant.
Gemma the broccoli was great! The flavors went together perfectly. I did add more garlic and scallions to the oil. We don't usually care for anchovies but I did add one to the oil and the red pepper flakes. Boy am I glad I didn't leave it out! We will have this again.
Quick and easy. I didn't use the anchovy or my family wouldn't have touched it. I also added the red pepper flakes to the oil and garlic--just enough to add flavor w/o a lot of spice. This was a delightful change from the plain broccoli I often serve. Thanks Geema!