Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli stems
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Steam the broccoli spears, covered, 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain; place in serving bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add green onions, tarragon, mustard and cloves and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove fron heat and add the vinegar, dijon mustard, pepper and salt, stirring with a wire whisk until blended.
- Drizzle over broccoli, tossing gently to coat.
I just made this from my Cooking Light 5 Star Recipes cookbook. We enjoyed it very much, though I used far less than 2 lbs of broccoli but the same amount of most of the other ingredients - but I see from another reviewer that the amount of vinaigrette desired is a highly personal thing - so be prepared to adjust the amount according to your preferences!
I tried this recipe a couple of times. First, as printed...this recipe is very good, but a bit on the watery side and I felt that there was too much "tang" from the red wine vinegar. This might appeal to some people but I absolutely adore Dijon mustard and wanted it to shine through, so the second time I made it, I cut out the water and only added 1 T vinegar. I added the oil to a large skillet. Added the broccoli, stirred for about 30 seconds then added 1/4 cup water and closed the lid. I let it cook for 4 minutes then added the Dijon vinaigrette, stirred then closed the lid and let it cook for 2 more mintues. I quite enjoyed the results and plan on making it this way in the future. Thanks Dancer