Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very lemony, very good. Also good over whole cooked green beans.
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat free skim milk (I use 2%)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked hot broccoli florets
- Combine all the ingredients except the broccoli in the top of a double boiler, Cook over simmering water 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Serve over hot cooked broccoli.
- This is also very good over hot cooked green beans.
I really enjoyed this sauce. It was easy and quick to fix. The lemon juice gave it a nice taste. I didn't have a double boiler so I just put a small pan into a bigger pan with a couple inches of water. Thanks!
Thanks for this quick easy recipe. I too cheated a little and heated my sauce in the microwave. Turned out fine. Love the lemon flavour. Cheers, Jenny
A day and a half after eating it, my husband just said to me, "That broccoli we had the other night? That sauce was really good!". So I figured I'd better post something! Very simple and easy, not too fatty, and the lemon is just enough, not overwhelming lemony. Nicely balanced recipe, we'll be having this again, but probably made with Mexican crema, as I seldom have sour cream on hand. Like Jen T, I heated mine in the microwave, right in the Pyrex measuring cup I mixed it in.