Recipe by Sydney Mike
Another recipe that comes from the 2004 cookbook, The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat that I received from a cookbook swap partner! Preparation time does not include time needed for salad to chill.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Very nice salad. I'm not a big fan of raw broccoli, but will eat it in a salad such as this. Loved the dressing but did make it with light mayo and the combination of sweet and salty ingredients. Thanks for posting this Syd. Made as a reward for the winner of 1~2~3 Hits February - Fall in Love with Red Special Tag Game!
FOR THE SALAD
- 5 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE SALAD ~ In a large salad bowl, mix all salad ingredients.
- FOR THE DRESSING ~ In a small bowl, beat all dressing ingredients with wire whisk until blended.
- Spoon over salad & toss to mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving, & refrigerate any leftovers.