Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wonderful broccoli side dish.
Make and share this Broccoli With Cheese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- In a saucepan, whisk the cornstarch, seasonings and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain the broccoli and top with cheese sauce.
Love this! My husband won't eat his broccoli without it! Thx!
I really wanted to like this, since it's both simple and gluten-free (something important due to my food sensitivities). Unfortunately, the taste was somehow off. I didn't like the combination of Worcestershire with the broccoli, and the flavor of the cheese was overwhelmed. I do plan to try it again with a different cheese and hope to come back with a better review.
Love it! I used it for some Broccoflower that I got that needed some umph. I used black pepper, onion salt and skim milk (b/c thats what I had) and it was fab! Oh and I also eyeballed the ingredients ;)