Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy side dish to have with any meal! The cheese sauce makes this the ultimate vegetable. It also makes your dinner plate colorful and pretty! Quick preparation.
- 2 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- boiling water
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place broccoli in boiling water and add salt. Cook until tender.
- For cheese sauce: In separate saucepan melt butter over low heat. Gradually stir in flour until smooth.
- While stirring constantly, add milk slowly. Stir until smooth. Add salt and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Don't overcook.
- Serve broccoli with cheese sauce on top.
The perfect broccoli and cheese.
Wonderful in every way. Very easy. A little salty but that's a matter of preference. Yummy
So simple and easy, I cut the butter in half but used butter spread the kind like I cant believe its not butter. I did not have cheddar on hand and did not want run to get it so I used the sandwich squares american cheese. Its the kind of simple recipe you can change around and cant hurt it. Turned out great!