Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This can be served hot or cold. Easy to double or triple. Bit different but good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli, cut into long flowerets
- Blend all but broccoli in a blender or food processer with salt and pepper to taste until smooth.
- Cook broccoli in 1 inch boiling water 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain broccoli well and serve with vinaigrette.
Kind of a disappointment, expected it to be wonderful. May try again. The vinaigrette had a grainy texture that was a little off-putting. Maybe it needed more cheese.
All I had was red wine vinegar available - still wonderful. So simple I easily memorized the recipe and I will use it as a staple side dish.