Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy meatless main course. Serve with a tomato salad and crusty bread. You may add more garlic if it pleases you. Cavatelli can be found in your grocers freezer near the frozen ravioli.
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen cavatelli
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter (unsalted)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- cook cavatelli according to package directions; drain.
- Slowly melt butter in olive oil.
- Add garlic and sauté until lightly golden.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add broccoli, cover, simmer 6 to 8 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Place cooked cavatelli in bowl.
- Add broccoli mixture and toss with parmesan cheese.
Too butter for me. I thought I'd give it a try and the first bite was pretty good, but after that it was a struggle. I won't be making it again.
Great recipe! Easy and tasty. I did add salt and extra parmesan cheese. Thanks for a great recipe!
I probably should have known I wouldn't like this since I typically don't eat something so full of fat and calories, but I had all the ingredients on hand and wanted to try it out. Maybe I'm just not used to eating things with so much oil and butter, but this seemed to be dripping with it to me. The flavors were decent, I used a lot of garlic, but all that butter and oil made me nauseous and I couldn't eat very much of this at all. I wouldn't make this if you're used to eating a diet that's lower in fat and calories, and don't care for things dripping in fat.