Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Salsiepie at allrecipes.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped salted cashews
- Place the broccoli into a large pot with about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Drain, and arrange broccoli on a serving platter.
- While the broccoli is cooking, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Mix in the cashews, and pour the sauce over the broccoli. Serve immediately.
Delicious. I have also made it with kecap manis and crushed macadamias and poured it over a prawn and mango salad. Also delicious and slightly sweeter.
Toasted the cashews but otherwise followed the recipe. Kids and adults both loved it, went wonderfully with miso-glazed salmon. Thanks!
This was delicious! I followed the recipe but I toasted the cashews and cooked the broccoli in the microwave for 5 minutes. I'm so grateful that I stumbled this recipe. Thanks for this posting DrGaellon!