Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just a dressed-up version of broccoli. You can use other nuts if you choose but we have found this to be the best. Can be made as a side but with a little brown rice pilaf it can be a main dish.
- 13 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed well
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted cashews
- 3 tablespoons unsalted cashews
- Heat oil in heavy skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and nuts and pepper flakes, if using.
- Stir over medium high heat 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Add broccoli and stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until lightly tender.
- Serve hot.
This was delicious; quick and easy to prepare. I didn't have enough broccoli for the recipe so I subbed fresh asparagus cut into pieces. Skipped the optional red pepper flakes (so our toddler daughter could eat this, too.) A wok worked very well. I would recommend using an oil with a high smoke point though. For this recipe I substituted grapeseed oil. Served with my posted dim sum recipe and Cooking Red Rice . Thanks for posting! cg ;)
Mmm, mmm, mmm. There can't be a more delicious way to enjoy bright green, still crunchy broccoli. I did end up adding a little water and a lid to the skillet to soften the broccoli just a bit more quickly in order to avoid burning the chili flakes, garlic and cashews. Incredibly good, DiScharf.