Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
- Remove broccoli floweret clusters from stems.
- Separate flowerets.
- Peel stems, then cut into ½ inch thick slices.
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender.
- Cook butter with garlic in large skillet over medium-low heat until foam subsides and butter is nut-brown.
- Immediately remove from heat and discard garlic.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add broccoli and toss to coat.
- Season and serve.
Evelyn, loved the browned butter, nutty flavor but wish I had cut back on the lemon juice...will definately do that next time as I thought it gave it too tart a taste. TY for a recipe I will make again!
Yes indeedy, this was simply delicious...nutty and flavorful. I had not used browned butter much before so leaned heavily on Evelyn's instructions. I hated to throw that garlic away though! The lemon juice was necessary to make the elements of the dish all come together. My DH added some red pepper flakes and thought they went well with the broccoli and didn't distract. I ate mine straight and will definitely be finding other ways to use browned butter.
This was an easy way to dress up broccoli. I let the butter get almond in color and then tossed with steamed broccoli. Nice nutty flavor.