Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sound great. I haven't tried it yet but I love broccoli.
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 6 slices bacon
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Remove broccoli leaves, cut tough stalk ends off.
- Wash and cut into spears.
- Cook in boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Keep warm in serving dish.
- Cook 2 tb drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and put aside.
- Cook walnuts, if desired, in drippings over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Add green onions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Spoon over broccoli.
- Sprinkle bacon on.
Deliciuos Broccoli, loved the crumch of the walnuts and the flavor of the bacon & onions. I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us. Thank you Kccy, for the recipe.
This is a wonderful recipe!Even my husband who normally gags when he eats broccoli was picking at the leftovers tonight. I've made this numerous times, usually only use about a teaspoon of the bacon drippings for the walnuts and green onions and drizzle with a bit of low-sodium soy sauce at the end.
This was good, but didn't 'knock my socks off'. I cut the recipe in half for 4 of us, but still ended up with left-overs. It reheated well in the microwave the next day for DH and myself, when we finished it off. I was amazed that the reheating didn't turn the broccoli to mush! Thank you for sharing Kaccy!!!