- 2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 6 slices bacon
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove broccoli leaves, cut tough stalk ends off.
- Wash and cut into spears.
- Cook in boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Keep warm in serving dish.
- Cook 2 tb drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and put aside.
- Cook walnuts, if desired, in drippings over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Add green onions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Spoon over broccoli.
- Sprinkle bacon on.