Recipe by Melanie2590
This is a fast, easy, and delicious dish that I created during a sudden craving. It's garlicky and a bit spicy- but can be easily altered to be more or less of either. To make into a vegan dish, simply omit the parmesan cheese.
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth or 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 -3 cups prepared angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Saute garlic and red pepper for about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and broccoli. Cover and let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the prepared pasta.
- Toss broccoli, pasta, and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Optional: Sometimes I use a little olive oil and butter instead of just the olive oil -- it all depends on how many calories I feel like eating that night :).