Recipe by COOKGIRl
Easy recipe from Albertsons/Sav-On. Go ahead if you wish and substitute another favorite mushroom;-shiitake, oyster, etc.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Goood. I used frozen organic broccoli being sure to not boil it long, light tasting extra virgin olive oil in place of butter to be dairy free, fresh white button mushrooms, whole almonds I chopped, skin on, sea salt, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for Veggie Swap #55 ~ February ~
- 8 ounces broccoli, cut up into florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown button mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- lemon wedge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the broccoli florets in a pot of boiling salter water fitted with a steamer basket. Cook until crisp-tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, heat up the butter in a pan on medium heat. Cook the mushrooms and almonds until the mushroom are softened (NOT mushy!) and the almonds have started to brown. Add the green onions the last minute or so of cooking.
- Remove from heat and stir in the drained broccoli, lemon zest; salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat with the sauce and serve immediately.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.